The Bethel Series - in a Nutshell
The Bethel Series offers an excellent tool to enhance the biblical literacy within Christian congregations nationally and internationally. The study uses a historical approach to the Hebrew-Christian heritage of faith with an overview of the Old and New Testaments. Hermeneutics, the study of the Scriptures in the context of the period in which they were written, brings a great understanding of the biblical narrative.
Churches in 47 denominations have chosen the Bethel Series as their basic adult education tool and have used the option of including and teaching their own theological interpretations. The text is in the language of the lay person and the course is effective in small or large congregations.
The textbook is the Bible and congregational members become the teachers.
- First we train the pastor and/or a qualified lay teacher.
- Then the pastor chooses a cadre of key men and women from the congregation to participate in the two-year intensive study as teacher/discipleship trainees.
- Upon completion of this class, some are selected to teach the congregational phase of the program, and others are selected to serve in other areas.
The long-term result is a biblically literate congregation to whom the Scriptures have become alive and relevant.
- The church now has a strong nucleus of well-trained, knowledgeable people who are well prepared to assume leadership roles in the congregation.
- Because the adult members have met the true Christ of the Scriptures, there’s a new commitment to stewardship of time, money and talent.
- A strong foundation has been built that leads to a life of discipleship.
Would you like more information?
Contact us today via e-mail
or by calling 1-800-462-2335.